Dear UMMail Users ,
Recently there have been a lot of ummail accounts being compromised by hacker/spammer.
Throughout our troubleshooting proses we have discover
- all of the compromised account is either using a simple password (ie 12345678,username+123) or is using their username as their ummail password.
- spammers will use the compromised account to send spam while masking their email as another ummail users.
We have now included 6 special characters to be included in your password format. Therefore we would like to advise all users to spend one minutes of your time to update your ummail password.
We would also like to inform users who receive "mail delivery failure" type emails to contact us as soon as possible.
Here are the new format accepted :
- Minimum 8 characters
- Maximum 20 characters
- Alphanumeric And @#$^&* only (example : abcd1234@#$^&*)
- Password are case sensitive (example : ABCD1234 and abcd1234 are 2 different password)
To change your UMMail password :
- Login to your UMMail account via http://ummail.um.edu.my
- Go to settings
- Click "change password"
- Follow the instruction given
Please be informed that we (UMMail Administrator) WILL NOT send you an email with a link to update your password.
All password changing will need you to first manually login to UMMail via http://ummail.um.edu.my ONLY.